Monday, November 30, 2009

Catch-Up

Hey,

Well it’s been awhile since I blogged, I really need to get myself on some sort of schedule. Anyways, I unfortunately don’t have a whole lot to report this week. I’ve been majorly slacking with the gym. Last Wednesday, I went for a run in the cardio room in my apartment, because it was pouring rain and I didn’t want to go outside. It’s convenient for that reason, but the machines are kind of old and for some reason it’s always really hot in there… I much prefer the fancy treadmills with built in fans at the gym! I’m so spoiled. Anyways, wasn’t my best showing, largely due to the heat factor. Nike+ Stats were: 3 miles/32:43/10:53 min/mile with 330 Calories Burned. I was happy I just made it there at all.

One observation about the Nike+ though – the calories portion is always ridiculously off of what the treadmill will say. For example, that workout last week had the treadmill reading over 400 calories burned, whereas the Nike+ was only 330 – I don’t get it. Has that happened to any of you? Which one is right? I’m not a big calorie counter or anything; it just kind of irritates me.

Other than that, my only other workout last week was a quick round of the 30 Day Shred on Saturday afternoon followed by a one hour Pilates DVD. I suck – I know. I was actually home in Toronto for the weekend, and I always find it harder to stick to a routine when the scenery changes. Oh well. I’ll have to get back on the wagon this week.

My weekend was a much needed break from moving though! Friday night I had dinner and a drink at Moxie’s with my college roommate, and it was so nice to see her and catch up. On Saturday, I met some of my high-school friends downtown and we went out for drinks at a pub. It was so nice to let loose a little – haven’t had that kind of fun in awhile.

Anyways, I’ve just got to truck it through work this week (4 Day Week – woot woot), because on Friday I head to Calgary for the weekend. I’m SOO excited. I haven’t seen the boy in close to a month, and I can’t wait to see where we’re going to be living and tour around the city At least I feel like the hardest part of the break is over, phew.

That’s all my news for today, I’ll update more often, I promise. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment