Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Run & Vitamins


So yesterday was a rough day, had to say goodbye to the MIML early in the morning and I just hate goodbyes. So I was a bit emotionally on edge for the whole day. Its just so weird to think that he's not ever going to be back at our place in London again. Kind of sad. It also leaves me thinking about all the packing, and shipping and eating of what's left in the fridge I have to do - hopefully the latter doesn't put a damper on my healthy eating plan.

Anyways, to get my mind off things yesterday, I hit the gym right after I dropped him off. I spent 40 minutes on a seated bike, pedaling while reading the first book ('Dead Until Dark') in the Sookie Sackhouse series (AKA True Blood) series written by Charlaine Harris. I really like the book - and I've only seen the first couple episodes of True Blood, so I'm hoping it will convert me into an addict. I also did about 20 minutes of weight-training once I finished that. I was happy though because it allowed me to catch up on some of the cross-training I missed by being lazy on Saturday.

Today, I went for a tough 2.5'er before work, and I don't know why - but it was a massive struggle. I did 3 miles on the weekend, and it was easier than today for some reason. I made decent time, Nike + stats are: 2.5 miles, time: 25.59 min, pace: 10.21 min/mile, calories: 276 , but I just wasn't feeling it. Does anyone else just ever have an off day?

Anyways, I have a hair appointment scheduled for 5 today, after work. I'm really looking forward to that, because I've been feeling like my hair looks like birds nest for the last little while :P

Lastly, I've been thinking about vitamins alot lately. I say I'm practically an old man with my row of pills I take in the morning. Currently, my vitamin list consists of: B12 - prescribed by doctor, as I have naturally low levels; as well as, a calcium supplement, vitamin A&D, and an Omega 3-6 pill. So it makes me wonder what everyone else thinks on supplements? How many do you take and which ones? Do you believe supplements even make a difference? Am I'm taking too many? I'd love you know what you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment