Sunday, November 8, 2009

4 Day Recap!

So its been a few days since I've blogged, I apologize for the delay - its been busy.

So Thursday was my rest day, which was nice. The day was really special though because the MIML got his MASTER'S degree. *yay!!!* so exciting. He did so awesomely too, he is an awesome public speaker - like seriously, I work in PR and I still get all jittery and put my foot in my mouth when I have to make a speech, I was really impressed. I was also really nice because I got to hang out with his parents at the campus restaurant and chat for a few hours while he defended, after which we met up with him and some of his work friends for a celebratory drink at the Grad Bar. Then after a quick dinner, we headed back to our place so the MIML could give some of his books and other keepsakes to his parents since we won't be taking them to Calgary. The poor guy, he LOVES reading, and it looked like his heart was breaking a bit as he packed all his books into boxes. So sad. I guess the plus side is now he can just buy new ones once we're out West.

Friday, I worked the whole day then met up with a friend of mine to hit the mall for a baby shower present, we had so much fun looking at all the little booties and bibs and cute baby stuff. Then I hit the gym for a quick 2 mile run, and did 20 minutes or so of weights. Stats from the Nike + were: 2.03 miles/20:30 time/10.03 min per mile/ 224 Calories. That was basically it for the night, spent most of the next few hours helping the MIML pack for Calgary.

Saturday was my bad day for the week - I had planned to go to a spin class in the morning, but I was so exhausted from packing the night before that I bailed. I was angry about it later on in the day - that'll teach me, :P I went to the baby shower in the afternoon, which was alot of fun. My friend Andrea's baby is due in early December but they think she'll go early - so it was nice to see her get all decked out with baby gifts. I think she had a great time.

This morning, I got up and headed to the gym by 9:30a.m. for my 3 miler (long run of the week) - it was tiring but I still managed to give'r for the last 2 minutes and finish strong. The Nike+ Stats were: 3.01 miles/ 31.53 time/10.34 min per mile/332 Calories. I'm hoping I can improve my time over the next few weeks. After the gym, the MIML did some last minute running around, dropping off furniture, picking up packing supplies, and giving some of his clothes to goodwill. I can't believe he leaves tomorrow - the place looks so empty without his half of our stuff... :(

Hopefully the gym/packing will keep me busy while he's away, and my parents offered me some of their air miles to fly out to Calgary at the end of November and bring the 1st round of my stuff/see our new place. So thats exciting - I love my parents for being so awesome.

Guess thats about it, I've been meaning to give some shout-out's to my favorite running/health blogs - so that will come later this week. Stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment