Saturday, December 19, 2009

Year in Review (Part III)

Goal Setting:

I’m a huge believer in goal setting, and I’m one of those people who feels 1000% better about my life when I cross things off my ‘to-do’ list. Some might say I’m an organizational/planning freakazoid. Anyways, here are my goals for 2010 – based on the areas I want to improve in from Part II of the year in review.

Savings:
  • Put $200 a month into a joint savings account, once I get a job, up this to $500.
  • Shop for sales, use foods creatively, and only get groceries once a week.
  • Before buying items for the new place, check kijiji/etsy etc for better prices and reconsider whether you really “need” it.

Fitness:
  • Workout at least 3-4 times a week.
  • Find an affordable gym in Calgary and try some new group classes.
  • Run a 10K race by the middle of 2010.
  • Build endurance up to half marathon mileage by end of 2010.

Managing My Stress:
  • Have at least one “me day” a month where I do something to pamper myself (ie. Haircut, nails, massage etc).
  • Read a book for at least 3 hours a week
  • Have a date night with the boy at least once a week

Eating Properly:
  • Try new healthy recipes (at least one a week)
  • Eat vegetarian or pescatarian a minimum of 3 days a week.
  • Always eat breakfast
  • Limit sweets, pop, junk food to small portions.
  • Eat healthier snacks.

Keeping in Touch:
  • At least once a month, send a surprise letter/gift/card to one of my friends back home.
  • Make an effort to consistently reply to Facebook/Twitter/texts from friends.
  • Send out joint Christmas Cards in 2010.

Giving Back:
  • Volunteer at least once a month with an organization that you believe in.

Career
  • Join a professional organization (IABC/CPRS) and attend networking events regularly.
  • Join Toastmasters to improve my public speaking skills.
  • Make an effort to get involved and volunteer on committees at work.
So that's it for now, wish me luck in achieving all these goals in 2010. I may get online periodically with some updates, but until the 29th - I'll probably be mostly MIA. See ya'll in the new year. Happy Holidays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment