Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas = Best Time to be at Work

So I’m down to my last two weeks of my contract at work right now, and I gotta say – finishing around Christmas might be the best thing ever. Everyone is cheery and happy, and no one is in too big of a rush to get things done, so its been a bit more relaxing than usual. Also, with Christmas – comes Christmas parties! I swear I won’t need to bring lunch much more between now and when I finish because there are so many events happening around the campus.

On Wednesday, the staff in my department and our board members went out to dinner at Michael’s on the Thames in London. I’ve heard LOADS of great things about this place, but also that it was pricy… so I’d never gotten there. Thanks to work – two weeks before I leave town – I made it. Now I’m really mad I never went before actually, because the food was freaking phenomenal. One of the best meals I've ever had, hands down. The boy has never tried it, but I figure it’ll just give us an excuse to come back for Homecoming sometime down the road. It was such a nice dinner, and great atmosphere. The maitre’d is amazing, he was passing out jingle bells to the whole group and we all sang Christmas Carols – I think everyone had a great time.

Today, we have a group lunch planned for noon at another place I’ve never gotten too downtown, Blue Ginger. Seems like an Asian fusion type of restaurant and I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve been told there will be martini’s!

This is why I love my job; I’m going to be so sad to leave next week. I don’t know, its just hard for me to imagine finding another job that is as awesome as this one. My coworkers are fantastic, my boss is super nice, and approachable – gah, okay I’ll stop my whining, I’m moving on with my life – I should be excited right? …well, I am excited, I’m just going to miss my job.

Haha, in other news, I went and bought -40 Sorel Boots last night (see picture) – and aside from having flashbacks to my childhood ski boots - they are pretty warm. I hope they will do the trick out West.

1 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

Man I wish my clients were that laid back, they are freaking out because it's year end!

Post a Comment